Russians kill a civilian with ballistic missiles in Kyiv, child among injured
Kyiv Mayor Vitalii Klitschko reported that Russians killed a person in the Obolonskyy district of the capital and injured four others, including a nine-year-old child, with a ballistic missile at dawn on February 12, 2025.







The State Emergency Service of Ukraine reported that the Russian ballistic strike on the city of Kyiv has caused large-scale fires, killed one person and injured four others.
A large-scale fire broke out in a 600-square-meter warehouse in the Holosiivskyy district.
Moreover, wreckage also fell in the Sviatoshynskyy district, but no casualties were reported and a fire occurred on the roof of a high-rise building in the Solomianskyy district.
After the ballistic attack of Kyiv, US President Donald Trump stated he had had “great talks” with both Russia and Ukraine yesterday, adding there’s now a “good possibility” to bring the war to an end..
John Bolton, former US national security adviser under Donald Trump, says Trump’s recent comments about Ukraine’s territorial losses before negotiations with Russia indicate that Trump has “effectively surrendered to Putin”.
Writing on X (formerly Twitter), Bolton condemned the approach.
“it is unconscionable to allow Russia to assault Ukraine’s sovereignty, recruit enemies like North Korea to aid in their fight, and then sell out the Ukrainians by conceding the loss of their territory and NATO security guarantees or membership,” he wrote on X.

The EU’s foreign policy chief says it is not “good tactics” to give in to Russia’s demands before negotiations on a peace deal have even started.
Read also: What triggers world wars?
Speaking in Brussels, Kaja Kallas says that Europe and Ukraine would need to be involved in any peace talks for a deal to work, and that Ukraine would continue to receive their support even if it rejects a deal struck between Russia and the US, Reuters reported.
Following US President Donald Trump’s conversations with Russian ruler Vladimir Putin and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, as well as the Kremlin’s statements, analysts at the Institute for the Study of War (ISW) have concluded that “Putin is uninterested in making any compromises during future peace negotiations”.
Based on Danish intelligence data, the Institute for the ISW has analysed how Russia is preparing for a war with NATO in the medium and long term.
Earlier, ISW also stated that the Russian authorities may be preparing information conditions for possible attacks in the Baltic Sea and against Russian oppositionists abroad to discredit Ukraine.
“The Russian Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR) claimed on 11 February that Ukraine’s Defence Intelligence with assistance from unspecified Western countries intend to blow up a foreign vessel in the Baltic Sea to prompt NATO to block Russia’s access to the Baltic Sea and start a direct armed conflict between Russia and NATO,” the ISW pointed out.
As ISW analysts noted, the Russians claimed that Defence Intelligence of Ukraine is planning assassination attempts on Russian oppositionists living abroad in order to blame Russia for the killings and disrupt future peace talks.
The ISW also remarked that the Russian Foreign Intelligence Service had already accused the Ukrainian side and other Western countries of organising fake attacks to defame Ukraine and weaken its unity with the West.