Brochure Published on the Rights and Benefits of ATO Soldiers
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-fareast-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Public organizations have presented the most relevant and complete brochure for ATO fighters and their families.
In the 30-page publication “Benefits and guarantees to participants of the anti-terrorist operation,” information is shared on how to obtain the status of ATO participant and how to be recognized as a “combatant” and “disabled veteran.”
Open Dialog Foundation correspondent Agnieszka Góralska has traveled across the area of the ATO and says that the fighters do not know their rights.
“Many people do not know their rights. They do not know how to obtain the status of an ATO combatant. Volunteer military battalions first just went to war, and only began to think about how to deal with the documents afterwards. That is how the idea came about to make an informational brochure that would explain how to obtain the status of combatants, which is the basis for their rightful benefits and financial assistance,” says Góralska.
The booklet contains the remarks of ATO fighters and answers to their questions.
“We went to the ATO, distributed the brochure to soldiers and asked them if it is clear to them, whether it is interesting to them, and what is important for them, and each time it turned out that they had many of the same questions. They did not understand everything because they are not lawyers. Therefore, this is the most current and complete information for the soldiers,” adds Góralska.
The booklet covers the following topics:
– How to be certified as “combatants”;
– Benefits for ATO participants;
– Rehabilitation of ATO participants;
– Particulars of the holiday and vacation time allotted to soldiers;
– Particulars of the payment to servicemen during the ATO;
– How to be recognized as a “disabled veteran” and obtaining a one-time cash assistance of injury, disability or death of a soldier;
– How soldiers can arrange a retirement pension;
– How family members of ATO fighters can get help in local government;
– How members of ATO can get legal aid.
The booklet also contains a list of the used normative legal acts, as well as a list of contacts for members of public organizations which support ATO fighters. There are also contact details, including hotlines, for various government agencies in Ukraine.